The Society of Petroleum Engineers – Gulf Coast Section has recognized Dr. Wigwe as an Award Recipient for 2021-2022
Alma Matter: Texas Tech University
M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering 2013 | Ph.D. Petroleum Engineering 2020
We at TRC Consultants LC would like to congratulate Marshal Wigwe on his Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Award. Marshal has been awarded the 2021 – 2022 Gulf Coast Section Exemplary Award for his outstanding contributions to SPE through volunteerism and leadership. He is an exceptional individual with a passion for young people and a desire to be involved in activities that foster STEM education.
Marshal is the 2021 – 2022 Community Service Chair for SPE Gulf Coast Section. This role has provided him with the platform to organize and lead impactful events with his committee members. One such event was a Bed building project organized with Sleep in Heavenly Peace. With other volunteers from SPE, 40 beds were built for kids in the Houston area who since hurricane Harvey had slept on the floor. Another event Marshal organized was the SPE-GCS Engineering Career Talk for Spring Branch ISD. With other SPE Young Professionals volunteering, they were able to impact students in 3 Spring Branch ISD high schools. Marshal and other SPE volunteers shared their insight about how to become successful engineers and left a positive impact on the lives of these aspiring students.
Marshal is a regular volunteer and leader with SPE and other organizations. During his time at Texas Tech University (TTU), he volunteered with:
- Golden Key International Honours Society for four years. Marshal organized and participated in events at Shallowater Middle school.
- American Rock Mechanics Association (ARMA) during Tech to Town and Harbor Day
- SPE cares events to coordinate and package over 400 bags of school supplies during 2018 ATCE in Dallas, TX
- SPE booth & Start Up Village volunteer during 2019 ATCE in Calgary, Canada
- SPE STEM Energy4me events held in Odessa, TX, for STEM academy and CISPB for educating high school kids
- TTU College of Engineering outreach program to New Deal High School where SPE and ARMA worked together educating these at-risk school kids about the benefits of college education
Through SPE league of volunteers, Marshal volunteered locally, nationally, and internationally.
Thank you, Marshal, for all your hard work and contributions to our community. Congratulations on this recognition. We celebrate with you.