PHDwin Version 2 Training
PHDwin V2 Fundamentals Training Course
This is a hands-on training course that will introduce attendees to the fundamentals of PHDwin Version 2 and how it is used in solving real life case studies. The course will demonstrate for attendees how to use PHDwin to simplify workflow in reserve evaluation and analysis of oil & gas assets. You will learn how to import data from various sources into PHDwin, visualize production data, build production type curves, apply projections to cases using industry standard forecasting methods, build models (for price, expense, shrinkage, escalations), set up ownership and reversions, apply economic inputs to cases, generate prospects using type curves, and create highly detailed and highly granular forward looking Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) reports. Participants will learn how to model intra-case relationships using group cases, recompletions, and incrementals. These case types are common in the oil & gas industry and are used to model workovers, refracs, recompletions (of behind pipe, for example), waterflood, and shared economic ring fencing to generate group economic limits (GEL), etc.
For Engineers and Industry Professionals
This training course is designed for engineers, data technicians, finance professionals, 3rd party reserve auditors, consultants, and existing V2 users looking to improve their knowledge and workflow in V2. PHDwin is involved in the sale, purchase, financing, maintenance, and exploration of oil reserves and thus is used by reservoir engineers, production techs, bankers, analysts, and anyone interested in oil and gas reserve evaluation and economic analysis. Prior knowledge of PHDwin is not required, but a fundamental understanding of oil and gas reserve evaluation and economic analysis is strongly recommended.
Full course outline
- Creating new projects
- Importing cases
- Using the Case List
- Graphs and creating projections
- Using the Case Editor
- Building models (for prices/expenses/etc.)
- Using the Global Editor
- Using Edit Data in Excel
- Running reports
- Creating partners
- Managing products
- Importing .csv and .xlsx files
- Creating group cases
- Prospect generator
- Incremental and recompletion cases
- Exporting and Merging
- File Menu
- Sample Evaluation
- Course fee is collected after your registered session concludes. Attendees from the same company will be invoiced together.
- This session will be delivered via in-class sessions.
- If you need to cancel your registration or register for a different date, please contact us at [email protected] so that we can assist you.
- It is not necessary to have PHDwin V2/V3 installed on your computer, but should you wish to download PHDwin and obtain a trial license, please access our Client Portal.
- A computer would be required for this training. Bring a high-resolution computer with a Screen resolution of 1920×1080 or greater. Modern laptops should meet this requirement.*
- You do not need to have PHDwin on your machine. We will access the training virtual machines (VMs) in the Microsoft Azure infrastructure using the remote desktop application on your computer.*
**All cancellations or postponements must be received 21 days prior to the training date scheduled. Cancellations received less than 21 days prior to the start date of the scheduled course will be assessed at 100% of the course price. No-shows for confirmed registrations will be assessed 100% of the course price.
TRC Consultants, LC reserves the right to cancel any course. Registered attendees will be contacted individually in the event of a cancellation.
Please contact [email protected] or (888) 248-8062 x6 for questions.
September 26 – 27
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please check additional information*
$1995.00 (net 30).
**Course fee is invoiced after your registered session concludes. Attendees from the same company will be invoiced together.
Registration form opens in a new, secure window.