At TRC, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. TRC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Personality & Character: Positive energy and enthusiasm. You believe and share our values.
- Initiative-taking worker that does not require micromanagement
- Team player that effectively works in an environment that uses cross-collaboration and teamwork to solve issues.
- Technical Aptitude: knowledge and passion tech; you are someone who learns quickly and takes ownership of your personal development. You have a willingness & curiosity to learn and are an advocate for using the latest technology and encouraging adoption of innovative solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams,)
- Highly sought skills:
- PHDwin experience
- Microsoft SQL or relational database management systems
- Effective Troubleshooting Skills: You prove strong root cause analysis skills, through effective troubleshooting skills and you can quickly find problems and propose solutions. You work well in a collaborative troubleshooting environment, while at the same time you can also work autonomously to arrive at the right solution for our clients.
- Communication Skills: You have strong written and verbal communication skills, with a strong command of the English language.
- Has excellent written English – Both short form (emails/chats) and long-form (documentation), other languages are a plus
- Careful diligence, excellent listening skills. Must send a cover letter that includes the phrase “Howdy Y’all!”
- Excellent Organizational Skills: You’re a great multitasker. You can manage multiple requests at once and understand prioritization.
- Adaptable: You are resilient and adapt to the changing business and landscape in the tech world.
- Education: While not required, most employees have achieved at least a Bachelor’s degree in: Engineering (general, chemical, mechanical, petroleum), Accounting/Finance, Business Management, Business Analytics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science
Perks and Benefits
- We offer market competitive salaries with Simple IRA matching plus the opportunity for profit sharing after 1 year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits including Life and Disability Insurance
- Vacation and sick leave that increases on set schedule
- Beautiful office in Northwest Austin with ample parking
Support our Development Effort: Quality control is the basis of how we make a great product. All software development has bugs and issues and PHDwin is no different. Finding bugs, improving user experience, and ensuring our product is the highest quality is an important role that drives our business forward.
Improve our Product: Help develop scripts and automated testing algorithms to compliment our manual testing processes. Devise methods for most efficient testing of our product to help identify bugs in the software. Document and report bugs, working closely with our development team, test resolutions to those bugs, and generally aid the development direction.
Contribute to our Culture: At TRC you will contribute to an effective team and working environment by helping fellow team members. We are a collaborative team, and we work together! Demonstrate a positive attitude when faced with change, working with your teammates and with our clients. Enjoy the learning process, be willing to fail and learn from those mistakes, and always strive to improve.
What’s Cool About This Job
Product Focus: As a quality control associate, you will help review software build versions, test for bugs, and suggest improvements for the product. Our products reliability and effective improvement will be part of your day-to-day focus. Your work will happen from our Austin office.
Technical Expertise: You will develop a deep technical knowledge of PHDWin as well as other supporting business software such as Microsoft Excel, Access, or SQL. You will have the opportunity to develop skills with various proprietary and API integration technologies which deliver amazing workflow management for our clients.
Employee Success: TRC Consultants L.C. cares about the development of our employees and believes in investing in both personal and professional development. Team members can accelerate their growth by collaborating with professional engineers, financial analysts, software engineers, and individuals from a myriad of academic and professional backgrounds. Our industry has always rewarded those willing to do the hard work and those who apply unique knowledge and solutions to current problems. TRC rewards diligent workers and prefers to promote people from within; most of those in leadership roles began in technical support. We recognize and reward talent at TRC. If you are a self-motivator, seeking a challenge, and can think creatively, then this role is for you!
Teamwork & Collaboration: We work as a unit to conduct a common mission. No job is too big or too small for anyone at TRC. Our environment is collaborative and we learn from one another constantly.